Advising the Burkinabe Ministry of Economy, Finance and Development (MINEFID) and the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation (MATDC) on public finance, mobilisation of own resources and transparency.
The background for the interest of the Burkinabe partners is the comprehensive reform efforts as a Compact with Africa (CwA) country and reforms of MINEFID and MATDC in recent years. These also include the transition to the programme budget in 2017 and the adoption of a new decentralisation strategy, which have laid the foundation for further improvements in public finances and decentralisation.
Areas of support requested by the partner:
- Mechanisms for financial equalisation and tax collection
- Development of institutional communication concepts (General Accounting Office and MINEFID)
- Improving budgetary transparency and accountability
Duration: January 2020 - September 2022
- Situation assessment to determine the specific interests of the partners (scoping mission)
- Study trips (political and professional level) to Germany
- Moderated exchange of expertise and experience in Germany and Burkina Faso with German decision-makers and experts, German institutions and network partners of the Governance Fund
- Preparation of impulse studies
- Networking through network meetings involving other African countries to discuss experiences
- Short-term assignments of decision-makers and experts in Burkina Faso