Advising the Beninese Ministry of Finance on public finance and digitisation.
In recent years, Benin has made significant progress in public finances, transparency in the public sector and the mobilization of own resources. Overall, the reform momentum under the current government is very strong in the area of public finances and digitization.
The Agenda 2030 is the cornerstone of national and local development strategies. In its current action plan, the government has set itself the ambitious goal of implementing economic policy reforms and mobilizing greater private investment.
Areas of support requested by the partner:
1. Reform of tax administration and tax collection to mobilise own revenues at national and local level (taxes and fees)
2. Exchange of experience on matters relating to the digitisation of public administration, in particular financial administration at national and decentralised level
3. Exchange of international promising practices in the field of bonds and financing opportunities for public investment as well as lessons learnt on leverage of investments by private investors
4. Exchange of practices on international tax treaties
Duration: January 2020 - September 2022
- Situation assessment to determine the specific interests of the partners
- Study trips (political and professional level) to Germany
- Moderated exchange of expertise and experience in Germany and Benin with German decision-makers and experts, German institutions and network partners of the Governance Fund
- Short-term assignments of German experts in Benin
- Workshops in Benin and webinars